Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.
↳ UNDERUSED FEMALE FACE-CLAIMS (16-18)
Below the cut you’ll find a list of 35 UNDERUSED ACTRESSES that are (or could play) SIXTEEN TO EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS. Their nationalities are listed, as well as their actual age. PLEASE “LIKE” IF YOU FIND THIS USEFUL OR “REBLOG” IF YOU’RE AN RPH.
*NOTE - The nationalities listed are straight from Google, therefore, if they’re wrong please don’t take offense! I’ll be more than happy to correct anything. Secondly, I attempted to avoid Disney/Nickelodeon and sort of succeeded.
Bias Page #1: Life Ruiners
Icons: 100px x 100px
Sidebars: 150px x 380px
Hooray! A bias page! Heehee I really wanted a new bias page for my
kpopcough/fashion blog, so I decided to make one. I think the name is perfectly suitable. <3
*If you like or use this page please like or reblog this post! It would be greatly appreciated! ^ㅁ^
Theme 159 - owners page
please, like or reblog if you take!
- without appearance
- by mary @stilesflop
- don’t repost, please
- hope you like ♥
Pres·tig·ious (adjective) - inspiring respect and admiration; having high status.
It’s no secret that there are handfuls of school roleplays in the tags at any given time, all with plots that usually claim that their school is the most exclusive, prestigious and sought after in the world. Those are some big words and could do with a little backing up, because your players and lurkers are going to need to know why their character has been working toward getting there their entire life. You can’t be the best of the best simply by claiming the title, so below the cut are a few things you could inject into your plot to help give your fictional school the guts it needs for it’s glory.
Bi/Multiracial Female FC Masterlist
If you found this helpful please like or reblog
5 Ways to Use Sound When Writing
Sound is one of the most powerful ways to get into a scene, and when utilized can help your writing flow easier. Below are my favorite tips for using sound to kick you into writing mode (from least to most obvious).
5. Make the sounds of your scene on your computer.
Credit for this idea goes to friend/classmate Annie (who is awesome).
With an app like White Noise, you can actually create the sound of your scene. Characters are walking near a harbor? No problem. Character’s are sitting by a fire? You got it. Place yourself in the center of that scene and use the sounds to help you become fully immersed.
Neil Gaiman’s 8 good writing practices:
- Put one word after another. Find the right word, put it down.
- Finish what you’re writing. Whatever you have to do to finish it, finish it.
- Put it aside. Read it pretending youve never read it before. Show it to friends whose opinion you respect and who like the kind of thing that this is.
- Remember: when people tell you somethings wrong or doesnt work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
- Fix it. Remember that, sooner or later, before it ever reaches perfection, you will have to let it go and move on and start to write the next thing. Perfection is like chasing the horizon. Keep moving.
- Laugh at your own jokes.
- The main rule of writing is that if you do it with enough assurance and confidence, youre allowed to do whatever you like. (That may be a rule for life as well as for writing. But its definitely true for writing.) So write your story as it needs to be written. Write it honestly, and tell it as best you can. I’m not sure that there are any other rules. Not ones that matter.
Pixel Fonts (almost all that I have installed) :feat. cutie size ↴15x5|handy|8-bit-1-6|5x5 Pixel|apple|angie atore|copy 10 56|
elektra | golden sun | final-fantasy | final fantasy vii | minipower | press start 2p | puke force 8 | Munro Narrow /Munro /Munro Small | pf arma five | pf tempesta five | pf ronda seven | pf tempesta seven | pixel unicode | pixelade | pixelmix | silkscreen /silkscreen expanded | skinny | smallest pixel 7 | symtext | super effective | Visitor TT1 BRK | victors pixel | Visitor TT2 BRK | volter | wendy | xg pixo
Sorry I’ve not been responding to asks and stuff. Redoing the FC directory has taken over my life. As the pictures go, I’m through the Ks now so I think that’s a little over halfway through. I’ll officially be updating it within the next couple of days probably.
This isn’t necessarily the case anymore, but in the summer of last year just after the release of the Baz Luhrmann film ‘The Great Gatsby’, there was a sudden influx of roleplays set in the 1920s. These days I believe there are only a handful, but hopefully this guide will assist those looking to start something new. After all, there’s only so much of modern life one can take.
NINA NESBITT GIF HUNT
387. Includes mostly small and high quality gifs. None of those are mine, credit goes to the rightful owners. I don't care if you're a rph blog or whatever, just let me know if this has helped you by l
- Under the cut you’ll find ### gifs of the lovely Imogen Poots. None belong to me, they belong to their rightful owners. Please like if using.
KAREN GILLAN GIF HUNT
Under the cut you'll find a total of #205, both small and medium, hq gifs of KAREN GILLAN. Full credit goes to the original makers. And please like and/or reblog if this helped you in any way!
The Practice of Writing aka Articles/Blog Posts I like
- so you killed off a character
- an actual, legally-worded contract with yourself to write routinely and, you know, an article to go with it
- all points debatable (particularly number six imo) but thought-provoking just the same
- the more the merrier
- writing tips!!! so many resources!!! i got lost for like a day in this post!!!
- the surreal photography tag (or whatever it’s called) on pinterest is seriously so cool
- (weird) ideas for when you’re lacking it
- this site got me back into the novel game when i was struggling with writer’s block
Places to Publish
- if their cover art is anything to judge by their magazine is SPECTACULAR
- there’s just something about this zine (and their super easy to navigate site)
- non-traditional in a big way, also not really intended as a “publisher” per se, but if you format what you’ve got correctly and put it up, people will be paying to read your stuff and you retain ALL the rights to your work
- similar to the above link; you sign up as an author and offer your work for free; the giving things away model may seem unappealing but it actually can be really good for your sales and career, besides it’s only for a limited time (which you create the parameters for) AND people do have the option to tip you also you retain your rights
- there are so many online options
- it’s actually getting absurd (also this one features FREE BOOKS - which of course means you will not earn money off what you post, but you can post in-progress works thus following the really successful fanfiction model of fanbase building)
- and here’s somebody else’s list seriously your choices are endless, pick what you like best
- thewritepractice - i literally just found this one and i’m already spending too much time reading it
- robert brockway’s blog is my new favourite thing
Blog Mechanics (I’ve said it before — you really ought to have a blog/website dedicated to you as an writer!)
- for blogs that don’t come equipped with a comment option (works on tumblr!)
- make twitter buttons for your blog/website
- make pinterest buttons for your blog/website (seriously take every opportunity to promote the daylights out of yourself)
- you’re gonna want some code knowledge; i know this probably seems overwhelming if you don’t know anything about coding, but i promise it’s not too bad and you’ll likely not need everything this site can teach you (also feel free to hit me up with questions - i’m no code guru, but i can probably help you some)
Build your home in the literary community
- FREE BOOKS
- i know you’ve been hearing about goodreads
- get a twitter - this isn’t a link, just a piece of advice - get. a. twitter.
- Me :D )for more of this kind of stuff all the time)
- Heather Van Fleet (Heather’s in general awesome and she’s totally connected - I got a free book because of her the other day)
- Jeff Goins is so cool that last time I linked to his blog and now I’m linking to his Twitter; hit the man up
- Joe Bunting = writing stuff + personality
- The Write Life (helpful links to helpful articles abound!)
- NaNoWriMo (what could be bad about following NaNoWriMo?)
- Writer’s Digest (although sometimes you have to pay for the things they promise)
- Inkbok (they’re the publishing place where people pay to read your stuff)
- NowNovel (motivation and structure help)
- The Write Practice (twitter corresponding to blog)
- Even This Is Not The Limit (for the characters who fight their way out of every hole)
- Moopy Chill Music (I swear it’s better than its title makes it sound)
- let it go (piano covers of songs you know!!!)
- Hearts Like Our (definitely a Teen Wolf fanmix but omg so good)
- dead hearts (same, this fandom just makes such good mixes)
- writing (so much emotion)
- okay so it’s not a mix but it’s still cool - a site that gives you coffee shop ambient noise!